Sweet, savory and very flavorful.
Makes: 4-6 servings
• 3 sweet potatoes
• olive oil for brushing
• ¼ cup olive oil, coconut oil, butter or ghee
• 1 large shallot, very finely diced ( about ½ cup)
• 2 teaspoons ginger finely minced
• 1 tablespoon miso ( I prefer white, but any color will work)
• 3 tablespoons water
• 1 tablespoon lemon
• 1 tablespoon honey
• salt to taste
• 3 Scallions, sliced
• chopped walnuts (optional
- Preheat oven to 400F. Roast whole sweet potatoes until softened. About 30 – 40 minutes. Cool potatoes enough to handle.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise then cut crosswise 1” thick.
- While they are roasting make the Shallot Ginger Miso “butter”. Heat the oil, over medium low heat, add the shallot and carefully sauté until golden, stirring often. Cook about 5-6 minutes. Add the ginger, cook 2-3 more minutes. Add the miso and 3 tablespoons water, stirring until blended. Turn heat off.
- Place sweet potatoes into a serving or baking dish.
- Add lemon to miso sauce, stir and pour over sweet potatoes. Drizzle honey over. Top with chopped walnuts and chives.