Adding edamame to your guacamole is a great way to bump-up the beans in your diet and add extra staying power. And the edamame makes your guacamole even more colorful.
Makes 6 servings
- 6 ounces shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ cup tightly packed cilantro
- One large avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1-2 limes juiced
- 3 tablespoons tomatillo (green) salsa
- Finely chopped tomato (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the edamame, onion, and salsa into a food processor. Process until ground to a paste.
- Add the avocado, juice of one lime (to start), and cilantro. Pulse until just incorporated but chunky. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more lime juice if desired.
- Refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, stir in half of the chopped tomato and top with the rest (if desired).