What a great way to get beans into your breakfast! Make sure to serve this while still hot and crispy at the edges.
Makes 6 Servings
- 1 cup chickpea (garbanzo) flour
- 1 ¼ cups lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons avocado or canola oil (or oil spray)
- Chia seed jam (or all-fruit, no sugar added jam)
- Fresh fruit
- Toasted sliced almonds or toasted walnuts
- Combine chickpea flour and water in a bowl; whisk until batter is smooth. Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a plate and let stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes. Can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight. Skim foam from top of batter.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet (or other oven proof pan) over high heat and heat until very hot. Pour 2 teaspoons oil in skillet (or spray generously with oil spray) to coat bottom of skillet completely.
- Quickly pour batter into hot pan. Carefully transfer skillet to preheated oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and crusty, about 20 minutes. Transfer immediately to a plate or cuting board and tear into wedges. Serve hot, while still crispy on the edges, topping with chia jam, fresh fruit and a sprinkling of sliced toasted almonds or toasted walnuts.