These brownies are so moist and delicious that you won’t believe how much health is packed into them!
Makes 9-12 brownies
- ½ cup oats
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 15 oz can black beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
- 6 pitted medjool dates, coarsely chopped (if dry soak in warm water 20 minutes)
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips (not optional)
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped walnuts, optional
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add oats and flax to food processor and process to a coarse flour. Add all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and nuts to the food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Stir in the ½ cup chips and nuts (if using) and pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Spread into a greased 8×8 pan. Sprinkle the additional chocolate chips over the top and press in.
- Cook the black bean brownies 25 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before cutting.