This is an extremely healthy, delicious snack or dessert that the whole family will love.
Feel free to use a combination of your favorite fruit in season. Firm frozen fruit can be used.
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 apple
- 1-pound sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons all-fruit jelly
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- Finely chop all fruit.
- Chiffonade (finely slice) the mint.
- Juice the lemon and whisk with the jelly in a small bowl.
- Combine fruit, mint, and jelly-lemon mixture in a large bowl and stir gently to evenly coat the fruit. Taste and adjust flavors as needed.
- Refrigerate to combine flavors while the chips are prepared.
Sweet Tortilla Chips:
- 6 six-inch corn tortillas
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray both sides of the tortillas with oil.
- Stack tortillas and cut into sixths with a sharp knife. Arrange tortilla wedges on a parchment paper lined baking sheet in a single layer, using two sheets if needed.
- Sprinkle chips with cinnamon and bake for 5-8 minutes, then flip/rotate chips, and bake for 5-10 minutes more. Cool for 10 minutes. (Chips will be done when crisp at the edges. They will crisp up more when cooling.)
- Serve with salsa and enjoy!