Pan-fried bananas taste decadent but are so simple to prepare. In this recipe I used sunflower butter and sprinkled some sunflower seeds over for a little extra crunch.
Makes 2 servings
- Avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 bananas, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 slices of your favorite wholegrain bread
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- Maple syrup for drizzling (optional)
- Cocoa powder or cinnamon for dusting
- Coat a nonstick pan with a small amount of oil and place over medium heat.
- When heated, place bananas in pan and cook both sides until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side, turning carefully.
- Toast the bread and place onto a plate. Spread each slice with a tablespoon of nut butter, top with 2 slices of banana. Drizzle with maple syrup (if desired) and sprinkle with cocoa powder or cinnamon.